Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mimi Visits



This is my lovely mother at Passion 5 (swanky bakery in Seoul) on her birthday. She was here for a couple of weeks and her presence is now dearly missed. It was so wonderful to have her here to: cry to about breastfeeding, keep the house tidy, and keep her eye on the baby so I could: get dressed, take showers, sleep and eat food. Without her I pick one of the above four activities and you know I also choose food.



We didn't take enough pictures while Mimi was here and she will no doubt not appreciate that she has on no make-up in this one. She still looks beautiful though and it shows her sacrifice in letting some of those things go in order to help.



This is Ezra's halloween costume. He slept through the entire putting on and wearing of it.

Lil' Ezzy and I are on our own again. He's not into swings or any activity where he's not in someone's arms. I keep reminding myself that this is the most important thing in my life now. I can stay in my pajamas all day and allow my house to be a wreck temporarily while I nurture this little boy. He's worth it all. I do have some new tricks for getting him to sleep and I've thrown out everything that tells me not to use them. Oh yeah, I'm talking pacifiers, vaccum cleaners, rocking to sleep...and all three of these at the same time. You do what you gotta do and he needs his sleep.

1 comment:

laney said...

is that an energy drink behind you and lil' ezzy? ha. i suppose you need those more than ever now. i'll bring you a case of the light blue redbulls when i come visit you. :) your mom looks lovely in the pics. like the trees in the swank bakery.